Can Ductless Air Conditioning Increase Your Home Value?
Ductless air conditioning systems are becoming increasingly popular these days, since they offer a number of benefits that traditional HVAC systems can’t provide. Not only do they keep your home as warm or cool as you prefer, but they are also cost-effective and add value to your home. If you’ve been considering ductless air conditioning in Duluth, MN, read on to learn why it’s a great investment.
What is ductless air conditioning?
Traditional air conditioners use ducts or tubes to pipe heated or cooled air throughout the home. Ductless air conditioners, as the name suggests, do not use these tubes. Instead, they have an indoor and outdoor component and only require that a small hole be drilled in the wall.
Each room must have its own unit—but that allows you to only heat or cool the rooms you choose, making it a cost-saving addition in the long term.
Here’s a closer look at how ductless air conditioning increases your home value:
- Innovative technology: Ductless mini splits are the hottest technology on the home improvement market these days. In addition to automatically regulating your home’s temperature, they also filter the air, keeping allergens out of your lungs. Potential homebuyers will love these features, particularly if you have a historic home that wouldn’t work with traditional HVAC equipment.
- Avoid hot and cold spots: Especially in older, drafty homes, traditional HVAC systems can leave hot or cold spots around the house. Ductless air conditioners solve that problem, making for a more consistent heating or cooling experience. You also have the choice to set different rooms at different temperatures, depending on who’s using them.
- Only cool the rooms you want: Having the ability to only heat or cool the rooms you want is a great way to lower your utility costs. For example, if your child is away at college, there’s no sense in cooling off their room until they come home. Ductless air conditioners allow you to save money by turning off the system when you’re not in the room.
- Simple maintenance: This type of system just requires a monthly filter cleaning—and that’s it.
- Great for older or historic homes: If you live in a historic home, you know that the people of the past had a better tolerance for hot summers and chilly winters than we do—but that doesn’t mean that you have to suffer, too. Ductless air conditioners allow you to install an HVAC system with very little interference in the home itself, unlike traditional air conditioners.
Clearly, ductless air conditioning is a great way to add comfort and value to your home
Install a mini split AC in Duluth, MN
The warmer months are almost upon us, so now is the perfect time to install your ductless air conditioning in Duluth, MN. Stay cool all summer long and increase your home value when you call the experts at ASP. We are Duluth’s leading providers and installers of ductless air conditioning systems. To learn more, give us a call today!