Depending on the type of heating and cooling system installed in your home, you will need a replacement after 12-15 years since this is the time span your machine is expected to work optimally. Using an AC unit that is beyond its prime time means that you are subjecting your family to poor quality air, higher energy bills every passing month. Therefore, it is important to consider replacing your unit as soon as possible. According to Energy Star, telltale sights signs that your furnace needs to be replaced include the following:
- You are scheduling for frequent repairs: if you find that your furnace cannot work for long before you call your repair service, then you would rather save yourself the agony and the minimize the downtime and get your furnace replaced
- Energy bills are going up: If your energy bills are going up but you are maintaining the same usage time or maintaining the same cooling equipment.
- 5. Some of the rooms are too hot or too cold: this means that your equipment is improperly functioning or the insulation could be the issue.
- You have humidity problems: poorly operating equipment, leaking ductwork could be the cause of the humidity problems in your home during the summer.
- You see a lot of dust in your home: Leaky ducts can cause duct particles to get into the house through the vents attics and basements. Seal your ducts to resolve the problem.
- Your cooling system is too noisy: this could be caused by an undersized duct system or your indoor coil could be problematic
- The score of your heating and cooling units on the energy star is below five: If this is an indication that your energy usage is above the recommended average and that you are certainly paying more in utility bills.
For all the above repair issues, contact Summit Mechanical, a premier provider of heating replacement services Hermantown MN.