A radiant heating system works by circulating warm water through a network of pipes placed in the floor. Heat is gently radiated upward, warming the objects in the room rather than the air to create a comfortable environment.
Traditional heating systems simply heat just the air. This air is then blown into the room, creating drafts and temperature fluctuations. Warm air rises, so to maintain a comfortable temperature level the air must be heated to temperatures of 120°F or higher.
Radiant heating quietly and continuously warms the room by constantly circulating warm water through pipes located beneath the floor. The heat radiates upward and warms everything in the room, especially you. Imagine standing in direct sunlight – that’s the feeling of radiant heating. By warming the entire floor, it efficiently raises the temperature of everything in the room. You can actually lower your thermostat setting while enjoying the same level of comfort and reducing your heating bills by 30%.
Radiant heating can even be used for outdoor applications such as turf warming and snow & ice melting.
- Does not dry the rooms air like conventional systems.
- Keeps floors warm and dry, inhibiting growth of mold and mildew.
- No noisy fans or blown air to distribute dust and other allergens.
- No unsightly heat emitters, such as radiator or air vents.
- Works everywhere – under tile, marble, wood, carpet and concrete floors. radiant walls and ceilings can create a cozy, efficient environment.
For more information about our Radiant/In-Floor Heat Services contact us at: 218-728-9965