Not having a central heating and cooling system in your house doesn’t mean you have to be uncomfortable inside all year long. You have other options, like space heaters or a wood burning stove to have heat in the winter and ceiling fans or swamp coolers that cool the air in the summer. But there’s another thing you can choose: a ductless heating and cooling system. These small indoor heating and cooling devices are installed high up on walls in residential homes and commercial space, but that may be all you know about them.
Ductless mini-splits are great for cooling and heating, and they are reliable, whisper-quiet and efficient. With this in mind, here’s an overview of the benefits of investing in ductless mini-splits in Duluth, MN:
- Adaptable: Because mini-splits are ductless, most systems can be installed just about anywhere in your house. That’s right—no costly, complex ductwork installation required, like what’s needed when installing a central heating and cooling system. This is the perfect system for homes and other buildings that were built before central HVAC became standard.
- Easy to install: Not only are ductless mini-split heating and cooling systems fairly easy to clean, they are also quick and easy to install. While a traditional central HVAC system can take several days or even weeks to install, mini-splits can be up and running in less than a day. The installation process won’t disrupt your daily life, and ductless systems are way less invasive to install. No rebuilding walls and ceilings here—all a mini-split needs to run are small pipes that only require a three-inch hole in the wall.
- Reduce energy usage: While a properly installed and maintained central heating and air conditioning system will run efficiently for years, its components will begin to deteriorate over time. If the ductwork itself is failing due to gaps and weak areas, a central system will have to work harder, meaning it will use more energy to heat and cool your home. Consider ductless mini-splits over central HVAC and window units to help reduce energy usage.
- Save money: One of the main reasons why homeowners make the switch to ductless cooling and heating systems is the overall cost savings. Other systems are prone to inefficiency, which is reflected in higher-than-usual monthly utility bills. Ductless heating and cooling units, on the other hand, require less power to operate. This is because mini-splits are smaller units installed in each room, and their temperature-controlled air is delivered into specific spaces. It doesn’t heat or cool rooms that aren’t occupied, saving you energy and money.
- Quiet: If you want a heating and cooling system that’s quieter than a traditional central HVAC, consider a ductless mini-split. These systems are perfect for bedrooms, nurseries and home offices—really any room you spent time in for peace and quiet.
Contact the team at ASP today for more information about installing a ductless AC in your Duluth, MN home. We have two decades of experience and would be pleased to tell you about the high-quality brands we work with.