It’s the responsibility of homeowners and commercial building owners to schedule annual services for their HVAC and plumbing systems, but not everyone understands the importance of professional tune-ups. Let’s take a look at the benefits of regular tune-ups for air conditioners, heating units and water heaters.
At least once a year, plan to have your air conditioning unit inspected and serviced by an HVAC technician. An AC tune-up in Duluth, MN is the simplest way to ensure your system is in good working order so you stay cool all summer long. Here are a few more benefits of an AC tune-up:
- Lower energy bills: Invest in annual tune-up service! AC maintenance is not something to skimp on, because the harder it has to work to cool your space, the higher your energy bills will be. A knowledgeable AC technician will perform steps to optimize all the functions of your air conditioner, so it can cool your home while using less energy.
- Increased energy efficiency: A seasonal AC tune-up brings the unit up to its peak operating efficiency. This results in less energy being used to cool your home, a more comfortable indoor environment and less wear and tear on your system.
- Fewer repairs: A well-maintained air conditioner is less likely to break down, which is why maintenance schedules are so beneficial. Regular pro inspections and tune-ups ensure the health of your AC and all its moving parts. Tune-ups reduce the risk of costly repairs and can help you stay cool.
Furnaces and boilers
Scheduling periodic preventative maintenance by a trained heating technician can save you money on energy use and repair bills. Here’s why heater tune-ups are important:
- Debris accumulation: Every type of home heating system accumulates dirt, dust and other airborne particles. If left to collect inside the unit, you’ll notice diminished performance and poor energy efficiency. A professional tune-up and cleaning keeps your heating system in good working order.
- Improved efficiency: When your furnace or boiler performs at its best, you’ll notice improved energy efficiency and lower heating costs during the cooler months.
- Reduced failure: Yearly tune-ups will lower the risk of heating system failure, which is crucial in areas where winter temperatures drop well below freezing.
A yearly water heater tune-up in Duluth, MN also offers benefits:
- Catch problems: Annual tune-ups can help you avoid water heater emergencies. Inspections catch problems before they get worse, such as the technician finding a cracked component or rust. He or she will make repairs, replace parts or clean accordingly to prevent complete failure of your water heater.
- Descale parts: Both standard and tankless water heater parts are exposed to hard water. Scale buildup can decrease tank efficiency and performance.
If it’s time for your annual water heater, air conditioning or heating system tune-up in Duluth, MN, look no further than ASP. Our services and technicians are the best in the area. Call us today to learn more or schedule an appointment—we look forward to assisting you soon.